Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Updates on my Dominic!

So, I had decided to stop blogging after Dominic was born -- it was mostly meant as a pregnancy journal -- but a few people have asked me for updates on my little man, so here I go!

Life has been crazy lately. Crazy good -- but still constantly changing! Dominic seemed to hit a thousand major milestones all within a 2-3 weeks. I can't even keep up! (Pictures below) Currently, Dominic is rolling both ways, sitting without help, eating a few solid foods, and two days ago he started scooting! (None of which he did just 3 weeks ago!) Now, I don't think his scooting qualifies as crawling yet -- but he is mobile! It is actually the most hilarious thing. He digs his head into the ground for balance and sticks his butt way up in the air, pushing off the ground with his little feet! By some miracle, he topples forward and looks very proud of himself as he reaches his toys. I have video to come later.

Here are some more recent events!


I finally decided to cut his long crazy hair.


                         He isn't even 6 months yet and we had to blow-dry it every night after bath!



                                                    Example of 7:30am morning hair.....



I'm seriously sad about his long hair being gone -- but I love the results! My little man looks
so grown up. And, now I don't even have to blow-dry or brush it anymore. BIG PLUS!

                            He didn't feel well, so I let him nap in bed with me.....I'm such a sucker!

                                         03/08/11 - 5 months old - Sitting up without help!


 
Weaning the swaddle --
This has been painful so far. Dominic is the best napper. All I have to do is swaddle him and he closes his eyes and falls asleep all on his own. This happens not only in his crib.....but in my arms, on the floor, in someone else's house....you name it! Not sure how we got so lucky. The problem is, he has now discovered how to roll onto his tummy in the swaddle. But, his arms are strapped down and he doesn't know what to do and just screams! Btw, flipping him over doesn't fix the problem -- he refuses to learn from this mistake -- and repeats over and over again. I mostly worry that he won't scream and he will have trouble breathing or something.... not good! SO, needless to say it is time to get rid of the swaddle. This project just started today. Below are picks of his first two unswaddled naps, such a cutie. So far, he is able to fall asleep without too much playing, BUT he won't stay asleep for more than 30 min! He wakes up and finds himself unswaddled and thinks it must be time to get up! I need some advice from all you mommies out there, this is hard! (I do have to admit that at this very moment he is swaddled tightly and sleeping like a champ in his crib -- baby steps, baby steps.)



Lover of everything Dr. Seuss! It's March and I still read
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" to Dominic once a day!


Believe it or not -- he loves the grocery cart! He feels like such a big boy sitting up and looking at everything I'm doing. He's especially happy when I let him hold some groceries.



His two favorite things: Bathtime and Toes!
p.s. this is why I cut his hair!! ;-D


Playing with Daddy


Sleeping in Mommy's Lap ;-) (my favorite too)


Dominic LOVES to:

Roll over
Play on his tummy
Eat (like you couldn't tell) ;-)
Nap - 5 hours a day in addition to nighttime!
Ride in the car
Read with his Daddy
Take baths
Grab at whatever I'm drinking (he doesn't do this with anyone else, not sure why!)
Yell and talk all the time
Fake cough (he discovered the sound and thinks it's hilarious)
Eat his toes
Watch TV (not my fault!! He stares at any TV we pass, isn't he too young for that!?)
Grab everyone's nose

Well, my next plan was a list of things Dominic hates. However, I can't think of that many! He is seriously the easiest going little boy. He is so sweet and good for his momma. He doesn't like when the doctor tries to check his ears, and he doesn't like peas or rice cereal. But that's all I can think of at the moment! Oh -- one thing he already hates is when I take something away that he wants to play with. He's already learned to scream immediately! My little boy is such a smartie. I love my good boy :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE the update! [but some of the pics didn't work :(] He is such a little stud muffin!

    We stopped swaddeling about 2 months ago, but Weston has just started doing that same thing rolling over. As soon as I lay him down for a nap he rolls to his belly and then can't figure out how to roll back and just screams his lungs out. He'll do it over and over again until I get him to fall asleep on his back. UGH! I need him to figure out how to roll back ASAP!

    Morgan told me your little man got RSV. I am SOOO sorry!! Hope things are getting better. Let me know if you need anything. I'm not that far away. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOM IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!! THANKS FOR THE UPDATES!!
    LOVE ELIZABETH SQUEEZE HIM FOR ME!!

    ReplyDelete