Wednesday, September 29, 2010

39 Weeks - and STILL PREGNANT!

Well, here I am at 39 weeks, and I'm still pregnant! I'm glad it has been a busy week so that I don't just sit around thinking about baby's arrival! This weekend Anthony was a groomsman in his friend's wedding, so we had wedding activities Friday and Saturday. The event was beautiful, and probably every guest told me I looked like I was about to pop! haha, well I suppose I am! But really, I'm hanging in there and was able to have a great time at the wedding.

Yesterday we had our appointment with the doctor. It was a bit nerve-racking because my doctor told me to choose the circumstances of my delivery! Basically, she told me that he is getting big, and if I want to be induced today or even have a c-section, then she thought it was a good idea! She listed all the pros and cons of induction and also of doing nothing at all. She said none of the choices were wrong choices at this point and I just had to decide what I wanted. What pressure! I don't know why I had the opportunity decide such things that should be out of my hands! It was kinda stressful thinking about it! After a long discussion with Anthony, we decided to just wait. I trust that the baby will come when he is good and ready, and I can definitely hang in there until then! People have 9 lb. babies all the time, right? ;-D Well, if they can do it, so can I. I think this will be the best thing for the baby, and that is my #1 priority. So 7 days to go! My doctor did say that if he does not come in the next week, she will not let me pass my due date. As of right now I will be induced on October 6th, if he does not come before that.

Cross your fingers that he will come soon and without induction! Anthony and I have been going to the gym everyday ( I just walk on the treadmill ) and swimming at our pool to try and get the baby moving! I actually feel great. We have an empty calendar for the next week, so until then, the waiting continues! Plus, my big sister comes into town Sunday, so I can't wait!

John and Lindsey Gray's Wedding in Scottsdale, AZ


We finally bought a nursery glider! I fretted over ordering it online for weeks, and finally just chose one!
It arrived yesterday, and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. 39 weeks - and STILL PREGNANT. My thoughts exactly! :)
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete